Ruth Marlene Friesen: Welcome!
This site is like Ruthe,
the heroine of my novel,
Ruthe's Secret Roses
Ruthe is . . .
intimate with God,
prays a lot,
a bleeding heart for the hurting,
a big sister,
has creative ideas,
likes to give
loyal to friends,
dreams of love and
dreams of writing a book
goes the extra mile
So this site offers;
good books to read!
help to become Friends with Jesus,
The One Ideal Real Friend
a cure for loneliness
An Older Sister's Coping Secret
how to pray Panic Prayers,
how to grow in faith
how to share your faith
how to become a writer
Psst! I've got FREE taste treats of the novel ready for YOU! DOWNLOAD the first 3 chapters as an
eBOOK in beautiful colours, or read the first 8 chapters on this site, if you have time to stay a while. Start READING HERE!
OR, you can subscribe to a daily series of installments by email until you have read the 8 Chapter Sampler:
Other Areas of My Garden!
Get to know me more informally in the Author's Arbour
Links to photo stories are found on my Patio
A theme of my life is Friendship
I'd love to Get Acquainted with you!
or show you how I do Goal-setting on my personal retreats
If you dream of writing and being an author, I've got some basic advice on these pages;
How to Publish Books
Everyone has a story! Tell me Your Story
Kathy Wollf's Personal Rules for
Friendship & Worthy Words
Ask for the character of Christ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<*>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. I frequently ask the Lord to let the character of Christ shine in and through me, and for the His Holy Spirit to control me. My own words are so inadequate, but the Lord can add His love, wisdom and mercy to touch the
spirit of the person I'm talking to.
Not that we are competent to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. ...And we, who with unveiled faces all refelect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:5 and 18)
Accept the other person
2. I try to see and accept the person behind the behaviour by reminding myself that strange or destructive behaviour is often the only defense system people have found to deal with pain or weakness.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Tim. 1:7)
3. Gossip is something I try to resist. My first tactic is to point out something positive about the person being gossiped about. If this doesn't change the tone of conversation, I try to change the subject. If that fails I may even leave the room because once I hear the gossip, it makes it hard not to repeat it.
Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:9)
Learn from Others
4. Remember that no two people can share all the same experiences. That means each person I meet has experienced something I have not, and therefore has something to teach me out of those experiences. I have to bite my tongue, be quiet, and learn something new.
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. (Rom. 12:16)
Use Words to Build up Others
5. Our words are powerful! They can be used to build up or tear down.
I try to use my words in such a way as to build up by encouraging, praising and repeating only that which is positive or helpful.
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (1 Thess. 5:11)
See Others from God's Perspective
6. There is something special about each person on earth because God has created each one for the purpose of fellowship with Himself. Each one of us is a gift to Himself and He delights in each one. If God feels this way about my relative, my co-worker, my neighbour and my acquaintance, should I not have
a similar desire to get to know them better? To find out what makes them so special that the God who rules the universes wants to spend time with them?
In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
Remember God's Patience with me
7. When I sense myself becoming impatient with, or intolerant of someone I have only to remind myself how kind and patient the Lord has been with me. If this doesn't change my attitude, nothing will.
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? (Rom. 2:4)
8. Show empathy. If someone is going through a difficult time listen carefully
to what they are saying and learn what God wants you to do about it. Maybe all
He wants you to do is listen, or maybe He will clue you in on some other
resource you have to share with that person. On the other hand, if someone
is happy, then forget about your own troubles long enough to rejoice with them.
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort
from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and
compassion,... Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but
also to the interests of others.(Phil. 2:1 and 4)
Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.(Rom. 12:15).
Receive God's Love Even Through Others
9. Receive God's love each day through His word and prayer, and through other
people when it is offered. Accept graciously. Then we are also ready to show
love to others.
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in
perfect harmony. (Col.3:14)
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness
reaches to the skies. ( Psalm 57:10).
It All Starts with Right Thoughts and Forgiveness
10. If our thoughts are right and pure, our words will be right and pure. God tells us to think about things that are pure and lovely and to dwell on the good things in others. We are to think about all we can praise God for
and be glad about. If I was always doing these things, I would never again need to apologize for the words I speak. In the meantime, the Lord extends His forgiveness to me, and asks me to do the same for others.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whaterver is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. (Phil. 4:8)
But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. (Matt. 15:18,19)
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (Col.3:13).
Thanks ever so much, Kathy! These thoughts really blessed me as I studied them earlier this year. I trust they will minister again to someone else.
Find Ruthe's Secret Roses at Amazon.com
Ruthe's Secret Roses available in softcover! Purchase it at
BookLocker.com and it will be in the mail to you within 48 hours!
Read it Right NOW!
Or ASK at any bookstore!
Have the RoseBouquet
(my inspirational blog/RSS feed)
sent to you weekly by email:
Let's Get Acquainted!
In the Garden
Write 4 Kids
Tell me Your Story
Tips & Solutions
eBook Farming - Create Your Own Money-Making Information Products!
eBooks: free ebook directory and marketing
Exchanging links with successful sites in your genre is your ticket to qualified, interested visitors. If yours is good enough you should list at the Value Exchange.
The Site Build It! Summary Site "Why build JUST a Web site... when you COULD build a Web BUSINESS?"
Quick Tour Slide Show A fast step-by-step demo of how SBI! works
The 30-Second Nutshell Version of CTPM for folks in a hurry. If you're at all serious about e-business, you'll get it.
SOHOs, startups, and newbies This is ideal for the small business person just starting out, looking desperately for the perfect solution? -- SBI! is it.